This section describes your privacy rights regarding the way we collect, use, store, share and protect your personal information. This applies to VoiceItAloud.com website all related services, sites, applications and tools notwithstanding how you use them.
- Information we collect
In general, you may visit our Site without providing any personal information. However, in order to use certain features of our Site, we may need to collect your personal information. For example:
- We collect your username, email address and password when you create an account or public user profile.
- Our Site may offer public forums or communication platforms that allows you to communicate with other users, post information, content, images, photos or videos, post your opinions on surveys, or submit reviews or ratings (collectively, your 'Content'). Your Content will be associated with your public user profile. Your Content and public user profile may be public, unencrypted and non-confidential. This means that it can be read and used by others, including advertisers. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in public areas of our Site.
- How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for the purpose of:
- Managing our Site and providing our services, such as receiving newsletters/notifications, creating and administering accounts and facilitating the use of forums
- To notify you of changes to your account or our Site's services, terms, conditions or policies and to provide you with administrative messages, updates, technical notices or security alerts
- To customize your user experience, including by tailoring the advertisements that are displayed to you to make them more useful and relevant to you.
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with technical and other support.
- To provide you with newsletters, information and other advertising about us or our advertising partners
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- VoiceItAloud.com automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and cookie information. VoiceItAloud.com may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfil your requests for certain content and services. However, VoiceItAloud.com does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- How we share your information
We may share information we collect about you in the following circumstances.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on our behalf to provide services requested by you, we will share personal information for these purposes only with parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information
Otherwise, we may disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specific purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect personal safety of the users of our website or defend the rights or property of VoiceItAloud.com;
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to VoiceItAloud.com. If you have provided personal information to us and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify us with the information provided.
- Personal information is maintained on our servers (or those of our service providers). In an effort to protect your personal information against unauthorized access or disclosure. For example, accounts you create on our Sites are password protected. In identified parts of our Sites, we use SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. Please note it is not possible to transmit data with absolute security over the internet, and we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal information.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access through access control procedures and physical security measures.
- Furthermore, we retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- We may at anytime without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued usage of this website signifies your acceptance thereof.
- Questions or Suggestions